Wednesday, February 17, 2010

02-12-10

Dexter and Michelle taught a workshop this past weekend, and it was such a great event. We kicked it off with a House Party, of which I DJed the first couple of hours. The classes were great, and taking them as well as a private with Dexter jumped my dancing (or at least the way I think about my dancing) to the next level. I'm excited to start really working on the things that were brought to my attention. Much of it has to do with using my body fully when I dance, initiating every movement from my core and following through all of my movements.  I hope really working on these concepts will make my dancing much more powerful.

Here is my set from the house party:
-Blues in the Night - Ledisi
-Dr Feelgood - Aretha Franklin
-I'll Be Your Sweet Black Angel - Saffire - the Uppity Blues Women
-Back Back Train - Aerosmith
-Come on in My Kitchen - Porterdavis
-Flesh and Blood - The Waifs
-Hot Potato - Circus Contraption
-How Come My Dog Don't Bark (When You Come Around) - Dr John
-Pussycat Moan - Katie Webster
-Death Came A-Knockin' - Ruthie Foster
-Lord, Don't Move the Mountain - Angela Strehli
-Get Back Temptation - Ollabelle
-2' Left to the Ceiling - Seth Walker
-Black Water - Charlie Musselwhite
-Red Mud - Chris Thomas King
-So Low - Big Bones
-Broken Toy - Jason Ricci & New Blood
-Blues 2.0 - Fruteland Jackson
-Tragic - JJ Grey & Mofro
-Oh Lady Be Good - Ray Brown Trio
-Mo' Better Blues - Gordon Webster Trio
-Black Night - John Lee Hooker
-Six O'Clock Blues - Eric Bibb
-That's Why I'm Crying - Koko Taylor
-In the Morning Blues - Ike & Tina Turner
-Can't Stop Thinking About You - Martin Sexton
-In the Mississippi River - Mavis Staples
-I Idolize You - Lizz Wright
-Sinkin' Soon - Norah Jones
-Summertime - Angelique Kidjo
-Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughan

No comments: