Wednesday, February 9, 2011

02-03-11

Blues Union
This was one of my favorite sets in a while - mainly because I was pushing myself not to use the same music I always do, so I spent a lot more time than usual prepping. I'd like to make that more of a habit - it gives my sets more versatility. Another thing I enjoyed was the fact that I was actively engaged in DJing this set the whole way through - I didn't talk to people or dance. I think that makes a really big difference. It's easy to lose track of the floor, especially when you're dancing. Also - found a new Nina song which I love!

-Shoes of Another Man - Brother Yusef
-You Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had - Muddy Waters
-Springtime Blues - Billy Boy Arnold
-A Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues - Diane Hoffman
-Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans - Lavay Smith
-Creole Love Call - The Baby Soda Jazz Band
-At the Jazz Band Ball - Kevin Clark
-I Just Want To Make Love To You - Etta James
-I Love Your Lovin' Ways - Nina Simone
-Blues In The Night - Ledisi
-Wade In The Wather - Carrie Smith
-Trouble In Mind - Aretha Franklin
-Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
-Something's Gotta Hold On Me - Etta James

No comments: