Sunday, March 14, 2010

03-13-10

Drop Dead Blues
This set was fun to DJ, though it took me until about the fourth song to figure out the dancefloor. It seemed like mostly new dancers and I could not for the life of me figure out what they wanted. This was as on-the-fly as my DJing has gotten. I was also psyched from watching Laney DJ FNB on Friday - she rocked the house.

-Last Call - Ronnie Magri & His New Orleans Jazz Band
-How Come My Dog Don't Bark (When You Come Around) - Dr. John
-Another Man Done Gone - Irma Thomas 
-Don't Ever Let Nobody Drag Your Spirit Down - Eric Bibb, Rory Block, Maria Muldaur
-Follow the Drinking Gourd - Linda Tillery and the Cultural Heritage Choir, Eric Bibb
-Sun Dirt Water - The Waifs
-100 Days, 100 Nights - Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
-Have Mercy - Shemekia Copeland
-Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
-In the Mood for Memphis - Reni Simon
-Lord, Don't Move the Mountain - Angela Strehli
-Blues Is My Wailin' Wall - Mighty Mo Rodgers
-Bump and Grind - Denise Lasalle
-Summertime - Renee Olstead
-Death Came A-Knockin' - Ruthie Foster

No comments: