Friday, April 23, 2010

For those of you living under a rock

I realized I never mentioned one of my most consistent blues-related enjoyments currently. With my thesis eating my soul and me gearing up for graduation, I have very little free time, which means I don't necessarily get to research as much music as I would like to. Enter Keith Shapiro and Jonathan Pechon, DJs from Austin and Dallas, respectively, who started a podcast about blues music for dancers (and DJs) roughly 8 or 9 months ago. Each month, they spend 70+ minutes sharing music (most of which has been unfamiliar to me), upcoming events, thoughts on various aspects of the social dance scene, DJing for blues dancers, and the history and tradition of blues music, and feedback from blues and dance enthusiasts from all over the world. It's a great way to keep my finger on the pulse of the dance scene until I have more time and energy to get my DJing back into full swing (or blues ... badum tshh :-P).

Check out Confessing the Blues

No comments: