Saturday, July 16, 2011

7-15-11

It's been a while since I've posted here, since my DJing took a back seat to life and changes. I just moved to New Orleans in search of more design and architecture opportunities, and have been taking advantage of the prevalence of this city's amazing jazz musicians. This weekend is the San Francisco Down Home Blues Festival, and quite possibly my last event for a while as I start focusing more on my professional life for a while. However, music is not going to leave my life, and so while you might not see as many setlists posted here, I'll try to switch focus more towards finding great artists and songs to enjoy. Hopefully my blog will expand from just blues to include jazz, and will no longer be as restricted to just dance music.

Having said that - here's my first set this weekend. I've been wanting to feature local artists, so all the underlined tunes are New Orleans bands. Enjoy!

Down Home Blues - Friday Night
-High Heeled Sneakers - Tommy Tucker
-You Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had - Muddy Waters
-Sweet Home Chicago - Taj Mahal
-I Ain't Got Nuthin But the Blues - Meschiya Lake and the Little Big Horns
-Black and Blue - Kermit Ruffins
-Witching Hour Blues - Glenn Crytzer and His Syncopators
-Creole Love Call - Baby Soda Jazz Band
-Weary Eyed Blues - Tuba Skinny
-Delta Bound - New Orleans Racket Makers
-Down Home Blues - Satan and Adam
-Driving Wheel - Etta James
-Rock Me Baby - Hubert Sumlin
-Blues for Mama - Nina Simone
-My Daddy Rocks Me - Cyclowns (feat. Meschiya Lake)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see you back in Blues DJ mode. Enjoy N Orleans. I imagine it is a very cultural place as various stylistic influences bounce off each other.

Kevin said...

Nice stuff Christine! Glad you're getting to spend time with music in New Orleans. I'm sad I didn't make it to Down Home Blues. Are you sure you can't come to blues shout? Miss you!

Christine Moser said...

Thanks Kevin (and ... Don Quixote?). I'm pretty sure I won't make it out for Shout, like I said I need to put my nose to the grindstone for a while. But you should come visit - you could probably find some awesome bands to jam with on your harmonica.